The Barn: Established in 1963

The Barn began as The Nook in Oakville in 1963. We soon outgrew that location and expanded to our current Mississauga location in 1969. The business was actually called A & A Antiques in order to be first in the phone book – that was important at the time. A & A Antiques is still our corporation name, but since everyone just called us The Barn, we went ahead and bought the name. For the 70s, 80s and into the 90s, we were primarily a wholesale business, and imported antiques from the US and Europe. The Barn supplied many antique stores in Ontario and even Quebec. When one of our antique dealer customers started making furniture, we tried a few pieces. That is how we first got into reproductions. Today, our business is primarily retail and rental and supply for film and television productions.

The Barn has the perfect location, with our impressive inventory housed in a building that is almost 200 years old. Believed to have been built in 1827, our building was moved twice. First in 1917 to Lakeshore road and Clarkson road, and again a few years later to its current location. An additional entrance building and fireplace were added in 1932. It was originally opened as The Clarkson Fruit market, but soon after opening antiques were being sold as well. For over 100 years antiques have been sold out of The Barn nearly uninterrupted. The Barn has had the same ownership since 1969, with the exceptional products and service our customers have come to expect. To see what we have in store, stop by The Barn today!