We Buy Antiques: How it Works
We buy full and partial estates, as well as individual antique pieces. We only buy antiques outright, we don’t take items on consignment. The best approach is to email us photos of the items you want to sell. Please include your phone number, and any relevant information. Examples of relevant information include: dimensions, number of pieces, condition, location-for larger items, the price you are looking to receive, etc.. We do not quote prices or ballpark prices from photos. From photos we will be able to tell you whether we are interested in your item[s], and if you should bring them in for a quote, or if we are willing to go to you and have a look. Every email we receive does get a response, usually within 48 hours. Alternatively you can just bring items in anytime and we will quote you a price if interested, appointments are not necessary. For a better idea of what kind of items we buy, and what we don’t, please scroll down this page. There you will see partial lists of common items, just to get a sense of what we buy.
What We Buy
- All sterling silver except coins and jewelry
- Complete large silver plate tea sets
- Antique signs and advertising
- All types of antique lighting-chandeliers, lamps, wall sconces, oil lamps, etc.
- Complete sets of china-8 or more settings
- Most antique furniture-in good condition
- Industrial items
- Store fixtures
- Antique outdoor items-urns, benches, plant stands, cast iron pieces, etc.
- Bronze sculptures
- Antique items including:
- tredle sewing machines, featherweights, ashtray stands, manual typewriters, all kind of boxes and crates-jewelry, apple, butter, etc., snow shoes, wood skies, grandfather clocks, fire screens, fireplace poker sets, crocks, sewing cabinets, etc.
- Any unusual antique items-the stranger the better
What We Don’t Buy
- Used furniture
- Coins and stamps
- Collector’s plates
- Porcelain dolls
- Some antique furniture-formal dining sets aren’t in demand these days
- Used items – We often get offered items bought at stores like Homesense or Pier One Imports, we don’t buy those type of items.